1) What are the degree programmes offered by School of Education and Modern Languages?
School of Education and Modern Languages offers six pre-service Bachelor degree programmes and three Masters’ degree programmes.
2) What specification of Education Degree programme do School of Education and Modern Languages offer?
In School of Education and Modern Languages, we have Bachelor of Education (Hons) in Business Management, Accounting, Information Technology, Moral Education, Guidance and Counselling and TESL. Please visit our Academic Programme page for more information.
3) Are there minor specialization programme for Education Degree programme offered School of Education and Modern Languages?
Yes, we have Mathematics, TESL, Information Technology, History etc. Please visit our Academic Programme page for more information.
4) How long do Undergraduate students go for practicum?
Normally, undergraduate students will have to complete a three-week of School Observation Programme also known as Rancangan Orientasi Sekolah (ROS) and ten-week of teaching practice. For more information, please go to this page.
5) What are the Postgraduate programmes offered by School of Education and Modern Languages?
We offer Masters of Science (Educational Management) and the Masters of Education (Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology, Educational Psychology and English Language Teaching) and Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics and the Contemporary Malay Language Studies). In addition, the School also offers PhD degree programmes in various specialisations. For more information, please visit our Academic Programme page.
6) What is the structure of School of Education and Modern Languages postgraduate programs?
Generally, there are 3 modes offered for Masters Degree, which are:
• Mix mode
• Full thesis
For PhD, we only offer full research mode.
7) What are the facilities provided for the postgraduate students in School of Education and Modern Languages?
• Postgraduate room
• Presentation room (meeting room)
8) Are there any off campus programs offered by School of Education and Modern Languages?
• Kota Bharu
• Kuala Terenggganu
9) How a supervisor is assigned to a postgraduate candidate for his/her research project?
Basically, the assignment of supervisors is based on content expertise and/or research methodological aspect.
10) How can I apply for a job as a lecturer in School of Education and Modern Languages?
The application form can be obtained from the Registrar’s office. The recruitment of staff will be based on the faculty’s needs.
11) Do I have to take MEDSI test before I can enroll in School of Education and Modern Languages’s undergraduate program?
Yes, MEDSI test is compulsory for all Education Degree program in Malaysia. The test will be administered by Ministry of Education yearly.
12) What is the minimum English requirement to take up a degree in Education offered by School of Education and Modern Languages?
The minimum English requirement is MUET Band 2